Six Arkansas Teacher Corps fellows have been selected for sponsorship as “Breathe For Change-Agents” who are certified to teach inclusive yoga classes and lead social-emotional learning within ATC and our partner school districts.
Freda Calloway (ATC ’20), TyKesha L Cross (ATC ’20), DaLecia Jones (ATC ’19), Max Parker (ATC ’21), Randi Sparks (ATC ’13), and Adrian Williams (ATC ’14) were chosen from a competitive application process based on their previous experience with mindfulness and their plans for sharing their learning with others. They will complete the Breathe For Change 200-hour Wellness, SEL and Yoga Teacher Training this summer.
The B4C consists of self-paced content, including videos, reflections, integration activities, lesson plans, and readings, as well as interactive sessions on Zoom that build community and help bring the learnings from your on-demand content to life! Upon graduation, participants will earn a world-recognized 200-hour yoga teacher certification (CYT-200) and the B4C-exclusive Social-Emotional Learning Facilitator (SEL*F) certification.
In addition to the yoga intensive, all ATC fellows will receive B4C training in fulfilling goals related to social-emotional learning, wellness and mindfulness, equity and inclusion, and trauma-informed pedagogy. Fellows will also benefit from access to the B4C Community Network for additional support.
Funding for Breathe For Change training has been provided by the Arkansas Department of Education.
About Breathe For Change
About the Outcomes of B4C Training
- Enhanced overall well-being, physical well-being, and emotional well-being
- Increased energy levels, and ability to positively influence others’ lives
- Increased ability to control the important things in their lives
- Increased confidence in their ability to handle personal problems and deal with emotional challenges calmly
- Increased ability to create a relaxed atmosphere with their students
- Decreased feelings of frustration due to their jobs
- Reduced stress and burnout from work