The Recruitment & Outreach Manager supports the mission of Arkansas Teacher Corps (ATC) to recruit passionate, committed community members to serve as teachers in high-need schools by advertising the ATC Fellowship; designing and implementing a comprehensive recruitment plan that resonates with ATC’s target audiences; and facilitating a fair, rigorous review and selection process. The Recruitment & Outreach Manager will be responsible for drafting, posting, organizing, and reviewing applications; communicating with interested individuals and applicants via phone, email, and social media; attending and/or planning recruitment events like career fairs, classroom visits, community events or presentations, etc; and designing, coordinating, and facilitating final, in-person interviews for each application deadline; revising, norming, and using the application and interview rubrics.
The Recruitment & Outreach Manager may also be called on to assist with professional development events, the seven-week Summer Institute for incoming Fellows (which may require the Manager to live and work on-site during portions of the summer training), the annual program evaluation, and other administrative duties as needed. Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others. Recruitment & Outreach Manager must be able and willing to travel across the state by automobile and be available to work some nights and weekends.
The is a one-year appointment, renewable based on the need for the position, availability of funding, and continued satisfactory level of performance in the role.
- Earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of two years experience teaching K-12 or working with a teacher preparation program
- Experience with recruitment, sales, or communications in a non-profit or related service-oriented organization
- Experience building and maintaining trusting relationships with diverse individuals and community groups
- Experience planning and/or managing organizational communications, publicity, and outreach
- Experience planning and coordinating competitive selection and/or job placement processes
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with colleges/universities, K-12 public schools, career services, and local civic/religious/community institutions
- Resides or willing to reside in service area (central/eastern Arkansas)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to have self and social awarenes
- Time management and personal organization
- Proficiency with social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Proficiency with Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Classroom, etc)
Application Close Date: 07/23/2021
Anticipated Start Date: 08/16/2021
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000 commensurate to education and experience
Location: flexible – central or eastern Arkansas preferred
Special Instructions: To be considered for the position, applicants should submit (1) a letter of interest (demonstrating how your strengths match the duties and qualifications listed above), (2) complete resume, and (3) the names, titles, addresses, and contact information of three references. A criminal background check and a motor vehicle registry check will be required for finalists.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Contact: Brandon Lucius, ATC Executive Director, blucius[at]uark.edu