Characteristics of an ATC Fellow
ATC is looking for talented, high-achieving individuals who demonstrate a commitment to our core values:
Applying for a Fellowship
Before beginning your application, you may find it useful to review the following documents:
You may complete the application over multiple sessions; however, in order to continue your work, you will need to access it from the SAME computer or device each time.
The Arkansas Teacher Corps accepts applications between August and March every year. Applications are reviewed after each deadline, and select candidates will be invited to an in-person Final Interview, consisting of a sample lesson, group discussion, writing prompt, and an individual conversation with an ATC staff member.
Deadlines for 2019 Fellowship Applications:
- Expedited Decision – November 1, 2018
- Early Decision – January 1, 2019
- Regular Decision – March 1, 2019
Select one of the deadlines on the left to see more specific dates about the process.
Expedited Decision Timeline
- Application Deadline: Nov 1, 2018
- Notification of Invitation to Final Interview (or Regrets): Nov 9, 2018
- Final Interviews: Nov 15-16, 2018
- Notification of Fellowship Offer (or Regrets): Nov 23, 2018
- Deadline to Accept Fellowship Offer: Nov 30, 2018
Early Decision Timeline
- Application Deadline: Jan 1, 2019
- Notification of Invitation to Final Interview (or Regrets): Jan 11, 2019
- Final Interviews: Jan 17-18, 2019
- Notification of Fellowship Offer (or Regrets): Jan 25, 2019
- Deadline to Accept Fellowship Offer: Jan 31, 2019
Regular Decision Timeline
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Notification of Invitation to Final Interview (or Regrets): March 8, 2019
- Final Interviews: March 13-14, 2019
- Notification of Fellowship Offer (or Regrets): March 22, 2019
- Deadline to Accept Fellowship Offer: March 29, 2019
Priorities for Content Area, Grade Level, and Placement
ATC prioritizes the following teaching placements in accordance with the critical shortage areas identified by the Arkansas Department of Education:
All Grades (K-12)
Intermediate (Grades 4-8)
- English/Language Arts
- Social Studies
Secondary (Grades 7-12)
- Family/Consumer Science
- Social Studies
- Northeast (ex: Blytheville, Osceola, West Memphis)
- Central-east (ex: Forrest City, Helena, Marianna)
- Southeast (ex: Dumas, Pine Bluff, Lake Village)
*NOTE: Central (Little Rock) placements are very rare.
Becoming a Fellow
Tell us about yourself, and submit a cover letter, resume, and college transcript.
Read a short online article, and draw connections to your own experiences.
Unlike any interview you’ve had before: teach a short lesson, discuss an article and classroom video with other applicants, and meet 1-on-1 with ATC staff.
Officially accept your Fellowship offer, and commit to teach 3 years in a high-need school district.
Jump online for a series of webinars designed to introduce you to the #ATCfamily and outline important next steps.
Praxis Content Testing
Register, study for, and take your assigned Praxis Subject Assessment exam.
Read articles, watch videos, observe classrooms, and reflect independently to prepare for Summer Institute.
Take the ATC placement survey, and complete the hiring process for your assigned school district.
Teach summer school and attend workshops during this intensive, seven-week training on-site at an ATC partner school.
Reflect on your performance at Summer Institute to celebrate your professional growth and set goals moving forward.
Collaborate with other ATC Fellows to create a strong culture for learning in your classroom and prepare for the first weeks of school.
Year 1 Teaching
Begin teaching full-time with personalized coaching support and on-going professional development from ATC.