Characteristics of an ATC Fellow
ATC is looking for passionate individuals who demonstrate a commitment to our values:
If this sounds like you and you have a bachelor’s degree or higher with a minimum 2.75 GPA and 21 ACT/1650 SAT score, we invite you to apply!
Applying for a Fellowship
The Arkansas Teacher Corps accepts applications between August and March every year. Applications are reviewed after each deadline, and select candidates will be invited to an in-person Final Interview, consisting of a sample lesson, group discussion, writing prompt, and an individual conversation with an ATC staff member.
Deadlines for 2020 Fellowship Applications:
- Expedited Decision – November 1, 2019
- Early Decision – January 1, 2020
- Regular Decision – March 1, 2020
Select one of the deadlines on the left to see more specific dates about the process.
Expedited Decision Timeline
- Application Deadline: Nov 1, 2019
- Notification of Invitation to Final Interview (or Regrets): Nov 11, 2019
- Final Interviews: Nov 21-23, 2019
- Notification of Fellowship Offer (or Regrets): Nov 29, 2019
- Deadline to Accept Fellowship Offer: Dec 6, 2019
Early Decision Timeline
- Application Deadline: Jan 1, 2020
- Notification of Invitation to Final Interview (or Regrets): Jan 13, 2020
- Final Interviews: Jan 23-25, 2020
- Notification of Fellowship Offer (or Regrets): Jan 27, 2020
- Deadline to Accept Fellowship Offer: Feb 3, 2020
Regular Decision Timeline
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
- Notification of Invitation to Final Interview (or Regrets): March 9, 2020
- Final Interviews: March 19-21, 2020
- Notification of Fellowship Offer (or Regrets): March 23, 2020
- Deadline to Accept Fellowship Offer: March 30, 2020
You will complete the application through Google Forms, and the application must be completed in a single session. There are five open-response questions in addition to questions about your personal information, education, and prior experience. You will also be prompted to upload a cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of college transcripts.
You may find it useful to review these documents to prepare your responses before beginning the application:
Priorities for Content Area, Grade Level, and Placement
ATC prioritizes the following teaching placements in accordance with the critical shortage areas identified by the Arkansas Department of Education:
All Grades (K-12)
Intermediate (Grades 4-8)
- English/Language Arts
- Social Studies
Secondary (Grades 7-12)
- Computer Science (4-12)
- English Language Arts
- Family/Consumer Science
- Social Studies
- Northeast (ex: Blytheville, Osceola, West Memphis)
- Central-east (ex: Forrest City, Helena, Marianna)
- Southeast (ex: Dumas, Pine Bluff, Lake Village)
- Southwest (ex: Hope, Prescott, Texarkana)
*NOTE: Central (Little Rock) placements are very rare.
Becoming a Fellow
Tell us about yourself, and submit a cover letter, resume, and college transcript.
Read a short online article, and draw connections to your own experiences.
Unlike any interview you’ve had before: teach a short lesson, discuss an article and classroom video with other applicants, and meet 1-on-1 with ATC staff.
Officially accept your Fellowship offer, and commit to teach 3 years in a high-need school district.
Jump online for a series of webinars designed to introduce you to the #ATCfamily and outline important next steps.
Praxis Content Testing
Register, study for, and take your assigned Praxis Subject Assessment exam.
Read articles, watch videos, observe classrooms, and reflect independently to prepare for Summer Institute.
Take the ATC placement survey, and complete the hiring process for your assigned school district.
Teach summer school and attend workshops during this intensive, seven-week training on-site at an ATC partner school.
Reflect on your performance at Summer Institute to celebrate your professional growth and set goals moving forward.
Collaborate with other ATC Fellows to create a strong culture for learning in your classroom and prepare for the first weeks of school.
Year 1 Teaching
Begin teaching full-time with personalized coaching support and on-going professional development from ATC.